We have all heard the saying that our bodies are made of 70% water, right? Of course. It usually comes from advertisers trying to get you to buy their brand of water. But here’s the things…it’s totally true. Our bodies are made up of that much water. Which is kinda hard to imagine, right?
I mean, when I think about that 70% all I can think about is where in the world is all that so called water…
So I want you to think of beef jerky…Or maybe dried fruit if you’re a vegetarian/vegan. Both had all their water dried out, and they shrunk like crazy. Think about that when you think about all the water in your body. and how it’s deprived if you don’t drink enough water to replenish that 70%.
In a lot of the books and articles I read, and professionals I talk to say that the bare minimum amount of water a day is half your body weight in ounces. So for simplicities sake, let’s say that you weight 200lbs, then you need a least 100 ounces of water a day. That is to make sure your body is getting enough. Ultimately, you should drink more. I get it, you will be peeing every 20 minutes, but it’s totally worth it. Especially with the five reasons I’m going to give you as to why you need to drink more water.
If you don’t drink enough water due to a soda habit, then take a look at how to quit here.
Here are 5 Great Reasons to Drink Up:
- Believe it or not, but when you decide to not drink up you’re actually slowing your brain down. You get sluggish, tired and hungry. Which in turn causes you to not think clearly, and who wants to think of all the good stuff after an argument because you were dehydrated.
2. Trying to eat less? Drink a tall glass of water before eating that snack. Odds are that you were just thirsty. It’s scientifically backed that your brain tells you you’re hungry even though you need water. Which is totally rude if you ask me. Oh, and if you’re thirsty, you’re actually already dehydrated. Again, totally rude.
3. Want to be Wonder Woman and be able to get through the day without taking a nap…Yep, you guessed it. Water is a natural Redbull. So instead of throwing your hard earned money away, buy a reusable bottle and fill it up.
4. Take a look in the mirror. No really, I’ll wait. If your skin doesn’t look bright then you might need to drink some more water. All the facial products in the world won’t help if you are dehydrated.
5. A flatter tummy…because you will poop better. Didn’t see it going that way? Ha! Well, I went there. There is no shame in my game ladies! Seriously though. Water will flatten your tummy by moving the waste from your intestines, which in turn will make you feel better. So maybe there were 6 reasons, but who’s counting.
I know you know you need to drink water. We all know it. If you don’t like it, find some way to make it taste good and drink your damn water already!